Skip to Content

Study on Friendship and Social Interactions in autism

nslt64's picture
by
nslt64

Study on Friendship and Social Interactions in autism

Thu 2 Sep 2021 7:48am

Hi everyone!!

I am Rhys, a first year Psychology PhD student at the University of Durham and I am currently running a study examining the perspectives of autistic adolescents on friendships and social interactions. I’ve written some more information about the study below if you are interested.

It is very important to me to try and capture a diverse range of autistic perspectives to ensure that my research can be guided by the perspectives of autistic people. So I'm looking to recruit autistic adolescents aged 12-17 for a 40-minute online chat (with parental permission) about their experiences of social interactions and friendships! You will be reimbursed with a £10 voucher for your time. I've also created an information video which I've linked below, and the link to a sign-up form or my email address if you'd rather contact me directly.

For more information about the study:

PROJECT -  ‘Friendship and social interactions in autism’

Parents: Do you have a teenager with an autism diagnosis between the ages of 12 and 17 years?

Adolescents: Are you an autistic teenager between 12 and 17 years?

We are currently looking to recruit autistic adolescents (12-17 years old; with parental approval) to take part in an interview lasting around 40 minutes focusing on experiences of friendship and social interaction. The virtual interview will take place entirely on Microsoft Teams, and will be arranged at a time that is convenient.

If you are interested in signing up and finding out more, please fill see the sign-up form (with parental permission):  https://durhampsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_39HAoy5vT08R33n or contact rhys.proud@durham.ac.uk Adolescents and their parents can watch the introductory video for the project here if they wish: https://youtu.be/zeznG-l9zMk

If you have any questions do let me know and thank you so much for reading!

Back to discussions
Read our guidelines
0 Comment